So, what actually goes into wedding flower quotations, and why do wedding florists charge what they do?
I totally get the idea that you’re just paying for the flowers, especially when you can’t see what goes on behind the scenes.
What goes into your West Sussex wedding flowers quotation
* Researching the best flowers for your colour palette
* Liasing with flower wholesalers on flower availability at the time of your wedding
* Creating moodboards, proposals and multiple quotations
* Invoicing and associated admin
* Liasing with your venue coordinator and your wedding suppliers to arrange on-the-day logistics and timings
* Email/Phone/Zoom support and consultations all the way up to your wedding day
* Venue visits (where appropriate)
* Labour – actually creating your lovely arrangements
* Travel to the venue and back, then going back to clean and take down arrangements
* Extra freelancers required to bring your vision to life
* Our knowledge of colour theory and devising colour schemes that look effortless
* Creating & designing in the style you’ve chosen us for that’s taken years to develop and evolve into
* Vases, and other vessels used for your arrangements
* Ladders where needed (some of those installations are suuuper high up!) and require extra investment
* The actual flowers themselves
* Wedding prep starts 4/5 days before your big day – preparing vases, creating the plan, filling buckets, prepping the studio
* Conditioning flowers when they arrive and getting them looking beautiful for your arrangements (depending on the size of your wedding, this can take hours)
* Packing and loading up (a lengthy process!)
Putting it all together
I’ve probably missed a few things, but I hope this gives some insight into the work that goes into wedding flowers.
If wedding flowers are important to your big day, they are a financial investment, which is why its so important to vibe with your florist, trust them, and let them create magic.
I adore what I do, and when a couple decides I’m the West Sussex wedding florist for them, I’m all in – I’ll work incredibly hard to bring your vision to life and authentically share your excitement.
RELATED BLOG POSTS:
Image by Lauren Knuckey Photography
Lover of bakeries, pretty fabrics and Etsy. When I’m not planning gorgeous wedding flowers for my beautiful couples, I’m doting on my little rescue dog, attending a gig, eating pizza or I’m glued to my laptop working when I should probably be relaxing.