Alexander House, nestled in the picturesque landscapes of West Sussex, offers a stunning setting for couples seeking an elegant and modern wedding venue. To create a truly memorable day, modern wedding flowers play a crucial role in not only your own memories, but guest experience and wedding day vibe.
In this blog post, we’ll explore key areas to focus on, filled with inspiration and ideas for white and blush wedding flowers at Alexander House, with Laura, Dan and adorable Willow the dog as our inspiration.
Laura & Dan’s West Sussex Wedding Flowers Checklist:
Personal Flowers: Wedding bouquet, wedding party bouquets, buttonholes, Spray Rose hair pins, cake flowers, flower girl baskets
Ceremony Flowers: Lightly covered floral archway
Reception Flowers: A mix of lush footed bowl arrangements and bud vases for 7 tables
Extras: Gift bouquets, puppy flower collar, gold lanterns with pillar candles
Labour & Travel
Investment: Circa £5,000
Time of year: May 2023 (learn more about wedding flower prices here!)
Weddings at Alexander House wedding venue
Having a wedding at Alexander House in West Sussex is always going to be a fantastic idea for numerous reasons. Firstly, the venue itself is a breathtaking setting that exudes elegance and charm. With its stunning architecture, picturesque landscapes, and enchanting gardens, Alexander House provides a romantic backdrop that will leave a lasting impression on you and your guests. Whether you choose to have an outdoor ceremony surrounded by nature’s beauty or an indoor celebration in one of their exquisite event spaces, the venue offers versatility and ensures a truly memorable experience.
Secondly, Alexander House offers exceptional amenities and services that cater to every aspect of your wedding day. From luxurious accommodation options for you and your guests to exquisite dining experiences crafted by talented chefs, the venue and its attentive team goes above and beyond to create a seamless and unforgettable event. I always love visiting Alexander House and flowering this breathtaking West Sussex wedding venue.
The Romance of White and Blush: A Timeless Color Palette
A white and blush colour palette is synonymous with romance, elegance, and softness – there’s a reason why it’s one of the most popular colour palettes chosen by couples when planning their wedding vibe. It creates a sense of dreaminess and serves as the perfect backdrop for a dreamy and romantic wedding at Alexander House.
When planning a colour palette to match Laura and Dan’s romantic, elegant and Springtime wedding vibe, we chose to include all of the late Spring floral favourites, including fluffy white Peonies, Laura’s personal favourite, luxe blush roses, Lisianthus and Larkspur to achieve a modern garden style set of wedding bouquets.
The Secret to Impactful Ceremonies at Alexander House
To acheieve those wow first impressions with your wedding guests, consider floral installations such as a floral arch or floral pillars to enhance the beauty of the outdoor pergola at Alexander House. These striking structures can transform your ceremony or reception space into a dream setting.
Laura and Dan opted for a stunning floral archway as their ceremony backdrop, and later that day, the most adorable family photograph spot with Willow. After their ceremony and photographs, we repurposed their lush archway to sit behind directly behind their top table to create a focal design point for the wedding breakfast space.
Tips for an Outdoor Wedding Ceremony
If you’re considering an outdoor wedding ceremony at Alexander House, here are three helpful tips to ensure a seamless and memorable experience:
- Weather Preparation: Always have a backup plan in case of inclement weather. Check the weather forecast in advance and speak to your wedding florist and venue coordinator on a Plan B if rain forces proceedings indoors.
- Sound System: Ensure that your vows, music, and speeches are heard clearly by renting a high-quality sound system. Outdoor spaces can be prone to echoing or background noise, so having a reliable sound system will ensure that every word is heard by your loved ones.
- Decorate the Natural Beauty: Take advantage of the stunning surroundings at Alexander House by incorporating natural elements into your ceremony decor. Enhance the venue’s beauty with floral arches, aisle markers, or petal-lined pathways. Let nature be your backdrop and embrace the enchanting ambiance of an outdoor ceremony.
PLUS 3 Key Tips for Including Your Pet Dog in Your Wedding
Including your beloved dog in your wedding day at Alexander House can add an extra touch of joy and love, as well as delight wedding guests. Here are three tips to ensure a smooth and memorable experience:
- Assign a Handler: Choose a responsible person, such as a trusted friend or family member, to be your pet’s handler during the ceremony and reception. This person can keep an eye on your dog, ensure their comfort, and handle any necessary tasks, such as walking them down the aisle or taking them for breaks.
- Dress Appropriately: If you choose to dress your dog for the occasion, ensure their attire is comfortable and does not restrict their movement. Consider a floral collar, a bowtie, or a bandana that matches your wedding colour scheme. Avoid accessories that could pose a safety risk or cause discomfort
- Prepare for Their Needs: Ensure your dog’s needs are met throughout the day. Have a designated area with water, food, and a comfortable bed or crate for them to rest. Assign someone to take them for bathroom breaks and provide regular exercise to keep them calm and content.
Modern and Romantic Flowers at Alexander House
Creating a modern and romantic wedding vibe can be effortlessly achieved by incorporating lush footed vase table centres, they’re one of my favourite designs to create
These elegant and eye-catching arrangements provide a sophisticated touch to your wedding breakfast space, exuding a sense of luxury and charm. The neutral footed vases elevate the floral displays, allowing the flowers to take centre stage and make a statement.
Opt for abundant blooms in soft and romantic colours for your white and blush wedding flowers, such as blush roses, peonies, and intentional use of foliage, which will romantically spill over the vase edges. The combination of lush flowers, cascading foliage, and the elegant design of these modern footed vases creates a visually captivating centrepiece that sets the tone for a modern and romantic wedding celebration.
Choosing the Right Alexander House Wedding Florist:
For truly sensational and bespoke West Sussex wedding flowers at Alexander House, it’s crucial to choose the right wedding florist. Consider the following tips when selecting a florist:
- Portfolio and Style: Review the florist’s portfolio to ensure their style aligns with your vision. Look for elegance, attention to detail, and versatility. A florist with experience in creating impactful and memorable pieces will be able to understand and bring your vision to life.
- Communication and Collaboration: Choose a florist who listens to your ideas, understands your preferences, and communicates effectively. Collaboration is key to ensure your floral arrangements reflect your unique style and desires. A good florist will provide guidance and offer creative suggestions while incorporating your personal touch.
Now that you’ve discovered the allure of white and blush wedding flowers at Alexander House, it’s time to bring your vision to life. Reach out and let us help you create a captivating and unforgettable wedding celebration at Alexander House.
Photography: Tom Cullen Wedding Photography
Venue: Alexander House, West Sussex
Cake designer: Peek-a-boo Cakes
Professional wedding pet sitter: Top hat and tails weddings
Lover of bakeries, pretty fabrics and Etsy. When I’m not planning gorgeous wedding flowers for my beautiful couples, I’m doting on my little rescue dog, attending a gig, eating pizza or I’m glued to my laptop working when I should probably be relaxing.