Becci and Mike should have got married on 23rd May 2020, however, Covid and the national lockdown put an end to their plans. Instead of getting upset about it though, they decided to celebrate their wedding anyway with this amazing ‘cancelled wedding shoot’ we held for them above the bustling streets of Brighton in the Secret Garden oasis complete with incredible boho wedding flower meadows.
Wedding Secret Garden Wedding Styled Shoot
We wanted to accomplish two things from our styled shoot – sustainability in building the floral installation (no floral foam was used for the installation) and unique, whimsical images that the couple could have forever, whilst showcasing the fantastic and hard work of our team.
The wild and whimsical flower meadow featured a riot of moody burgundies, silky caramels and glimmering bronze tones teamed with buttermilk and berry shades formed the colour palette, which included Dahlias, Toffee Roses, Cappuccino roses, Queen Anne’s Lace, Lisianthus and a lush selection of seasonal foliage.
Becci’s fun, playful personality warranted a statement gold skirt which was paired with a stunning crop lace top with rose gold platform heels, complimenting her surroundings beautifully. The Groom wore a slick, tan tailored suit to bring their combined look together as one.
Details on the day included delicate hand-made Hydrangea earrings, a luxe robe and garter, delicate petal confetti, silk ribbons in taupe, chocolate and tan shades, and an incredible Macrame banner created specifically to frame the unbelievable view from the rooftop.
What the Bride said
“We were due to get married on the 23rd of May 2020 but sadly due to COVID, we have had to move it to 2021. That’s why we were so looking forward to the styled shoot – it felt like a nice excuse to dress up and imagine what our day might be like next year when we eventually can have our wedding day!”
Why have wedding flower meadows for your wedding?
Floral meadows are perfect for couples looking to incorporate a Secret Garden wedding theme – their wild, loose and organic design lends itself perfectly to those looking to create ‘wow’ moments on their big day.
Asides looking incredible in your forever photographers, there are so many advantages to having a wedding flower meadow – this type os arrangement is extremely adaptable and can be moved to different areas of your venue to make several visual impacts.
For example – a wedding flower meadow can initially take its place lining the sides of your ceremony aisle. Afterwards, it can then be moved to in front of your top table at your reception, around the cake table, or any other area of your reception that you would like to create a spectacle of.
How much do wedding flower meadows cost?
These types of arrangements are one of the many design options available as part of our Full-Service service – they are incredibly floral and need a lot of flower and foliage to achieve the wild and whimsical look of a wedding flower meadow.
As an estimate, a couple should budget £125 per metre to ensure the meadow creates the most impact. These floral installations do not need to be huge if you don’t want them to be – one can simply have two-metre-long arrangements that sit either side of the alter, your cake table, your top table – anywhere in your wedding day that you want to create pockets of floral moments.
You could decide to spend £250 on your wedding flower meadow, £500, £1000 or even more, it’s your day and I’m here to make it as perfect as possible for you!
How we create wedding flower meadows
When we first connect, I will ask you which venue you have booked for your big day. We’ll talk about your budget, your style, your must-have floral arrangements, and some time getting to know you as a couple and how you want your big day to feel. I’ll provide recommendations on how to style the space with florals based on where you want to create the biggest impact.
I want to share every single piece of information on what goes into creating wedding flowers. Want to know what goes into creating a wedding floral meadow? Here’s a run-down:
- The planning stages: You’ve enquired – the fun begins! I’ll connect with you for a quick chat on the phone so introduce myself and get to know you to ensure we’re a perfect match and
- I’ll then ask that you complete a short questionnaire on your floral requirements for your big day, including colour palettes, must-have arrangements, the style, any themes, and so on.
- I’ll then analyse the venue space based on where you want to create the most impact with your florals
- I will then get to work on creating a design proposal to wow you with.
- We’ll have a 45-minute design proposal consultation via Google Meet and the comfort of your own home where I present design recommendations for the space, specific flowers and colour palettes. Depending on your budget, I’ll make recommendations on how to best utilise it to achieve your desired look. I’ll also provide you with upgrade options so you have as much information as possible!
- With any luck, you fall in love with the plan and we seal the deal.
- A month before your wedding – I’ll connect with my flower wholesale and make the flower order for your big day. This process can take anywhere between half an hour to an hour depending on availability.
- 3 days before the big day – your flowers will arrive with me. I’ll unpack then, strip the leaves, tidy them up, and leave them to have a big drink for a day. This process is incredibly important – the way florists look after the flowers when they arrive will impact how they ultimately look on your big day. Flowers can be extremely temperamental – too much light and they open too quickly, too much warmth and again, they open to quickly. Timing is everything, which is why so much planning goes into this process!
- One day before your big day – I’ll be busy creating your all-important bouquet, paying close attention to the details such as using the finest silk ribbon to create flowing tails, making delicate buttonholes for the groomsmen, and creating the wedding flower meadow in metre lengths. I’ll create these using a chicken wire mesh in a long, shallow tray for sustainability. Each metre-long arrangement takes approximately 45 minutes-an hour to create, taking into account the height and visual impact needed for the space. Depending on the order, the process of creating all arrangements can take up to 5 hours.
- On the day – Depending on your timeline, I’ll work with your venue coordinator to determine the best time to arrive to start preparing the space with beautiful flowers. Then, at a time that we have previously determined, I’ll then come to visit you and your wedding party to present your bouquet and maid bouquets, whilst making a quick stop to present buttonholes.
I hope this information has been helpful – I adore talking about flowers and I am on a mission to give nearly-weds all the information that they need to make decisions that allow them to create their dream wedding flowers. If you have any questions about wedding flower meadows, just pop me an email or a DM on Instagram and I’ll be more than happy to help!
Are you interested in having a wedding flower meadow to style your venue?
Lover of bakeries, pretty fabrics and Etsy. When I’m not planning gorgeous wedding flowers for my beautiful couples, I’m doting on my little rescue dog, attending a gig, eating pizza or I’m glued to my laptop working when I should probably be relaxing.